Here are our Frequently Asked Questions by tenants.

How do I arrange a viewing?

You can either telephone us on 0114 2660990 or email Alternatively, you can call into our office to discuss your requirements in more detail. We like to give our current tenants at least 24 hours notice of a planned viewing. Wherever possible we prefer to show the whole group around the properties in one go as this causes less disruption to the current tenants.

Are there any other costs involved?

For student properties there is £200 deposit per person.

Are utility bills included in the rent?

No, utility bills are not normally included in the rental price (unless otherwise specified). As tenants, you are responsible for the payment of Gas, Electricity, Water, Broadband and TV Licence. Full time students are exempt from Council Tax. There are various companies that offer an inclusive bills package. Please contact our office and we will be able to provide prices and help to set this up.

What do I need to bring with me upon signing?

We will require

  • Student ID Card
  • Passport (right to rent act) if you do not have a passport please contact our office for alternative forms of ID
  • Driving licence
  • National Insurance number
  • Admin Fees
Do I need a guarantor?

A parent or guardian within the UK and over the age of 21 can stand as a guarantor. The guarantor is to cover the tenant should there be any outstanding rent arrears or malicious damage caused by the tenant to the property.

If we sign for a property, and one of our group wants to leave what do we do?

Contracts are legally binding for the full duration of the contract, so you should all be sure of your plans before you sign for a property. Should you wish to leave the property before the end of the contract, you will need to find a suitable replacement tenant who can take on your contractual responsibilities until the end of the contract. If you wish us to re-market the property in attempt to find a suitable replacement then we may agree to do so, but please be aware that this does not mean that you have been released from your responsibilities and does not alter the fact that the rent must be paid in full and on time. Please refer to your agreement for our agency charges.

Does the property have a HMO licence?

Under the new government regulations which came into effect in 2006, all properties inhabited by 5 or more occupants, which have 3 or more habitable storeys must now be ‘licenced’ with the local council. Copies of licences are available upon request from our office once issued by Sheffield City Council.

Do the properties have a gas safety certificate?

Yes all properties have a current Gas Safety Certificate. They are checked annually.

Does the property have an Energy Performance Certificate?

Yes, new government regulations mean that, as of October 2008, every property must have and Energy Performance Certificate. They are available to view on request at our office.

Do we need a parking permit for our car?

To check if your property falls into a permit zone, and how many permits are you allowed, please contact Sheffield City Council Parking Services on 0114 2735469 or visit their website